Thursday, May 16, 2013

Dressing Room Under Cottage Bed - Total Cost $3.40

I am currently adding new content on my new blog The House That Never Slumbers. Please visit me there!

Okay, so this project doesn't really have anything to do with pallets, but it does involve making the most of items you already have available.

I purchased this Cottage Bed on Craigslist several years ago.  At the time it was painted red to be a barn for a horse themed room. We painted it purple and added flowers along the bottom.
I've been planning to build one of those nifty dress-up storage units that keep showing up on Pinterest.  Something like this: http://www.gluesticksblog.com/2013/05/a-dress-up-box-for-our-girls.html .  But the Cottage Bed takes up a lot of space in the little girls' room, so I came up with a cheaper, easier solution to the dress-up mess using inexpensive brackets and metal conduit.


I put these bags on hooks to store accessories.
One end of the bed already had shelves.
                                                    


Now the little girls have a nice space for storing their old dance costumes and Disney dress-up clothes.  The entire project only cost $3.40.  The 1/2 inch conduit was $1.56 for 10 ft., so I still have some for another project.  The brackets were $0.55 for a four pack, and the plastic end caps to finish the rough edges of the piping were $1.29.  I already had woodscrews.  This was a lot less expensive and involved less effort than building a new dress-up storage unit, and it uses otherwise wasted space on the back wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment